Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A question of pork and lamb...

The age old question: Braised Pork Belly or Chopped Lamb?

This was the debate I had yesterday when I was treated to lunch at Bettola today. Located in the Martin Biscuit Building in downtown Birmingham, Bettola is a "casual, upscale restaurant." I have had the pleasure of dining at this establishment many times, and have found a favorite: the Agnello. This sandwich includes goat cheese and succulent lamb with a baked flat beard.

But, they had the Braised Pork Belly on the menu today! Dare I try something new? In the end, yes... but had the best of both worlds. Sharing a plate with a colleague, I had both the lamb and braised pork belly. And you know what I found, the Pork Belly tasted of BACON. And bacon is never a bad thing.

To find out more about the fantastic restaurant, please visit their website: Bettola Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment